Again with the idea: what you don’t know can’t hurt you? This seems to be proving itself wrong time and again for those interested in personal growth. I remember my teacher explaining to us that three important things were preventing us from succeeding in our personal and spiritual growth: our karma, our ignorance, and our fear.
- Which of the stress effects listed in this unit have you noticed in yourself?
- What happens in the brain when stress is present?
- How have you felt this or observed this in your own life experience?
- What are the four cornerstones, or quadrants, of emotional intelligence?
- Which one do you feel is your strongest cornerstone?
- What is emotional intelligence, in your own words?
- What’s the value, FOR YOU, in developing the skill of emotional intelligence? How would it make your life better in real, tangible ways?